Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Saturday Nights

On a Saturday Night, most of my friends are with their friend or boyfriends, on a date or hanging out. I'm the exception to my friend, although they all love my children I simply cant bring them along to everything. That is when you start begging mom to babysit, I'm just kidding my mother loves to watch them, so on Saturday night she babysat them for me. while most girl are trying to put on there make up and try to figure out what outfits make them look not look fat, I was at home. Yes me, even with a babysitter on a Saturday night i sit at home all alone. See although it may be fun to "rip and run" I have a prior engagement ... my two year old twins. Santa had brought them beds for Christmas and mommy had just never set them up. I knew that seeing there reaction would make it all worth the night in the house.

It seemed like I had started something id never finish, I was rearranging furniture and swapping rooms. Tinkerbell was making me dizzy and I wanted to scream at the thought of Disney's Cars. I had disassemble the old cribs that had been converted to toddler beds and then I knew there was no turning back. I quickly pieced together the Cars toddler bed. it wasn't too bad, I was ready to move on to the Tinkerbell bed. WRONG Tinkerbell had tons more pieces. Little Girls are fun and cute but defiantly take more time effort and patients. Finally after what felt like hours of sitting in the floor I had a Tinkerbell canopy toddler bed. the hard part was defiantly over, and I thought it would be the easiest. But I had one room for my twins, one play room for my twins, and my brand new room downstairs and far away from the hyper two year olds.

After all that hard work I know I had made the right decision to stay home and fix their big kid rooms, when I got the most priceless statement ever from my daughter when my mom brought them home the next day. I was so excited to open the door and when I did my daughter was very distraught and confused she looked at me and said "mommy, what happened to our beds did you break them?". That was one of those moments you will never forget. she had seen their old beds outside and she just was so lost on what had happened to them. Saturday nights mean so much more with my babies in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment